July 2, 2015
- Corn Fungicide Use and Precaution. Northern corn leaf blight is causing early damage in corn and may warrant a fungicide, but the author notes a precaution to avoid ear damage.
- Predicting Western Bean Cutworm Moth Flights and Scouting Windows More Precisely. When should you start scouting in your area this year? Check the tables and guide.
- Caterpillars in Soybeans: Scouting Recommendations and Treatment Thresholds
- Cover Crops in Prevented Plantings. See how this alternative can help protect and nourish your soil.
Alfalfa & Forage Production
Crop & Soil Moisture Reports
- Extension Crop Reports from Across the State
- Soil Moisture Update as of June 29
- NASS: Corn Starts Silking Stage; Soybeans Start Blooming
IANR & Extension
- Precision Ag Clinic July 14 at ARDC
- Midsummer Crop Diagnostic Clinic and two more in August
- Herbicide-Resistant Palmer Amaranth Field Day Aug. 4
Farm operators and industry representatives interested in evaluating the performance of in-fields applications of fungicides, micronutrients and growth promotors in corn and soybean production can contact the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network to learn how this can be done using their own equipment or by aerial application. Contact Nebraska Extension Educators, Laura Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Nathan Mueller at email@example.com or Keith Glewen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is also available at cropwatch.unl.edu/farmresearch