April 18, 2014
- Did this Week's Low Temperatures Injure Nebraska's Wheat? UNL Agronomist Bob Klein explains when damage is likely. This week USDA rated Nebraska winter wheat condition as 2% very poor, 10% poor, 29% fair, 52% good, and 7% excellent.
- Climatological Benefits for Early Planted Soybeans - A Case Study. A UNL climatologist looks at precipitation patterns in late April and early May at three Nebraska sites.
Dry Bean Production
- State Climatologist Al Dutcher sees several "significant" opportunities for rain in eastern Nebraska in the next two weeks.
Extension & IANR Programs
- Market Journal: How will China's Cancelled Soybean Order Affect US Markets.
- Impacts from Partnering with Military Serving in Afghanistan. Extension Educator Jenny Rees shares a unique perspective on UNL Extension's partnership with the Nebraska National Guard Agribusiness Development Team.
- Heuermann Lecture April 22 to Focus on Food Security Impact on Children
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.