May 17, 2013
- Tracking Air and Soil Temperatures in Soybeans Planted April 29. A crop physiologist looks at temperature patterns and germination after early May snows interrupted planting.
- Update on rusts, leaf spots, powdery mildew, viruses, and management.
- Differentiating the 3 Rust Diseases of Wheat. Identifying the type of rust and whether conditions are optimal for its development can help you better target management efforts.
- Even with Treated Seed, Scout Corn for Early Season Insects. Cutworms, wireworms, white grubs and treatment.
- Assess Condition of Alfalfa Fields at First Harvest. Checking stands now can help you re-evaluate your management plan and find solutions.
- Late Planting Provisions for Multiple Peril Crop Insurance. With the late spring and less than favorable planting conditions in some instances, what are your options if planting is delayed? Also links to RMA FAQs for irrigated Nebraska producers facing limited water allocations this year.
- Implications of the Oil Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Requirements for Ag Operations. Is your farm affected? How do you write an SPCC plan?
- Use DriftWatch to Stay Informed about Nearby Pesticide-Sensitive Crops. A reminder to those applying pesticides, particularly volatile herbicides like 2,4-D and dicamba, to avoid potential problems with their neighbors.
- Planting 'Fast and Furious' Once Rains Stopped, Temperatures Warmed Up. Extension field reports from across the state.
- Corn Planting 43% Complete; Wheat Condition Holds Steady
IANR & Extension Programs
- Register Now for Nebraska No-till Bus Tour to North and South Dakota. Join the tour of no-till farms and research facilities and network with other farmers and speakers while you travel.
- Apply Now to Next LEAD Class. Wanted: Thirty highly motivated people with demonstrated leadership potential.
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.