March 10, 2017
UNL CropWatch March 10, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
- Recommended Resource: Nitrogen Extenders and Additives for Field Crops
- Understanding Soil Test Reports (Audio Report in Ag Almanac)
- Interested in sharing your production knowledge and experience and competing for cash awards? Check out a new irrigated corn farm management contest for producers/agronomists. Entry deadline for UNL Testing Ag Performance Solutions (UNL-TAPS) is Monday, March 13.
- When is a Good Time to Scout and Control Glyphosate-Resistant Marestail?
- New Soybean Herbicides
- Detecting Invasive Species: Medusahead
- State Groundwater Levels Still Recovering from 2012 Drought. Significant rises were measured in the Panhandle, Platte River Valley, and eastern third of the state.
- On this week's show, view segments on managing non-Bt corn, terminating cover crops, fertilizing pastures, the cattle market, and the forecast for next week.
Extension & IANR
- Reminder: Crop Scout Training is Tuesday, March 14 at the ARDC
- Rescheduled On-Farm Research Results Meeting to be March 22 in Alliance
- "Improving Agriculture, Improving Lives" theme of Women in Agriculture Conference April 7 in Sidney.
- Epicorp Technologies Gets Funding to develop its ipigenetic technology to increase yield and stress tolerance in crops
- Nebraska Hall of Agricultural Achievement to Honor Robert Anderson and Eugene Glock and Induct New Members. Congratulations to all the honorees, including two CropWatch contributors.
- Nebraska LEAD Direector Terry Hejny Receives Agri-Award at Triumph of Ag Show