UNL CropWatch March 4, 2011 Market Journal: What to Include in Land Leases for Wind Development
March 4, 2011
On this week's Market Journal, host Doug Jose talks with David Vavra and Darrel Hayek of the Saline County Wind Energy Association. They share 24 items they've identified that should be included in land lease contracts for wind energy development.
Also on this week's program:
- Smart Phones in Agriculture -- Extension Educator Dennis Kahl discusses how smart phones can be an important on-farm tool and suggests a number of UNL websites you can link to for information updates.
- Cropping Systems & Beef Production Practicum — This educational series will begin on March 30 at the West Central Reseach and Extension Center in North Platte. For more information see the Feb. 15 CropWatch article or contact Extension Educator Aaron Stalker at 308-696-6707 or visit beef.unl.edu.
- Spring Isn't Here Yet — A significant blizzard may be in store early next week with the greatest chance for snow next Tuesday (March 8), says Al Dutcher, extension state climatologist.
- Hog Markets Doing Well -- Ron Plain, University of Missouri ag economist, expects record high hog prices this year and suggests taking advantage of the futures market to lock in margins.
Next week's Market Journal will feature a discussion on how outside markets and political unrest are contributing to volatile markets.
Market Journal Broadcast Times
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- Dish Network, Channel 9411
Friday, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.