Market Journal: Wet Conditions Leading to Nitrogen Loss, Iron Chlorosis
View the full Market Journal episode on YouTube or selected segments below.
On this week's Market Journal UNL Extension Nutrient Management Specialist Charles Wortmann discusses leaching nitrates and denitrification in corn as well as iron deficiency chlorosis in soybean.
From June 20 and June 27 Market Journal shows:
- Soybean Seedling Diseases in Replanted Soybeans — Extension Plant Pathologist Loren Giesler discusses the potential for soybean diseases, particularly in seedling replant soybeans. (June 20)
- Post Storm Corn Disease Issues — Tamra Jackson-Ziems, UNL Extension plant pathologist, discusses a few of the problems farmers might be seeing now, such as bacterial diseases and common smut.
- Grain Market Report — Corn and soybean market analyst Luke Beckman discusses US and Nebraska corp conditions leading up to Monday's USDA report. Beckman, commodity risk manager at Central Valley Ag, also discusses selling options for 2015 corn and soybeans. (June 27)
- June, July and August Weather — Bryce Anderson, DTN senior ag meteorologist, explains possible reasons behind Nebraska's extreme weather events in June. Anderson also looks ahead at the temperature and precipitation outlook for July and August. (Jne 27)
- Weather Forecast — State Climatologist Al Dutcher gives his forecast for the coming week.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- Podcast on iTunes