Market Journal: Grain Market Analysis, SCN Testing
Oct. 2, 2015
View the full Oct. 2 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
On this week's Market Journal Luke Beckman, Central Valley Ag ProEdge grain sales manager, analyzes the USDA Quarterly Grain Stocks Report and discusses post-harvest sales strategies for corn and soybeans.
Also on the Oct. 2 Market Journal:
- SCN Testing — John Wilson, Nebraska Extension educator, explains why after harvest is a good time to sample for soybean cyst nematode. Read more on SCN sampling in this week's CropWatch.
- Cutting October Alfalfa — Bruce Anderson, Nebraska Extension forage specialist, says producers may be able to cut or graze alfalfa in October, but they need to take special precautions. (See Anderson's story in Beefwatch.unl.edu for more information.)
- Ag Policy Update — Brad Lubben, Nebraska Extension public policy specialist, discusses the Trans-Pacific Partnership, Country of Origin Labeling, and ag appropriations.
- Weather Forecast — Nebraska State Climatologist Al Dutcher gives the weather outlook for the coming week.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes