CW 09-12-22 Spring 2010 Agronomy Professional Development Courses
December 22, 2009
Some Classes Start January 11
This spring the UNL Department of Agronomy and Horticulture will offer a selection of courses for producers, crop consultants, and others in the agriculture industry. Some of the courses extend over a period of weeks, while others cover most of a semester.
All courses are available for noncredit professional development as well as for regular academic credit at UNL, and select courses are also available for CCA-CEU credit. The noncredit registration fee for all courses is $150, with the exception of the special package pricing for the two specialty grains courses offered in the spring, as noted below.
For complete information, please visit the department’s Web site at: http://www.agronomy.unl.edu/newprospective/distanceed.html, or contact Cathy Dickinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (402) 472-1730.
Crop Production and Precision Ag
- Animal, Food and Industry Uses of Grain: Jan. 11 – Feb. 26
- Production of Specialty Grain Crops: March 1 – April 16
- Specialty Grain Package: Includes both of the above specialty grains courses ($250)
- Spatial Variability in Soils: Jan. 29 - April 30. Course begins with workshop Jan. 29 in Grand Island. (See brochure.)
- Pest Resistance Management: Jan. 11 – April 30
Plant Science, Breeding and Genetics
- Plant Science: Jan. 11 – April 30
- Biotechnology: Food, Health and the Environment: Jan. 11 - April 30
- Crop Genetic Engineering: Jan. 11 – April 30
- Advanced Plant Breeding Topics: March 3 – April 8