Early Season Interseeded Cover Crop Driving Tour June 29, 2021
Over the past few years, we’ve seen increasing interest regarding interseeding cover crops into early development stages of corn (V4-V6) and soybean (V2-V4). This driving tour will provide an opportunity for interested individuals to view interseeded fields at a location closest to them or to view as many locations as they would like.
There is no charge. RSVP is only required for individuals desiring a boxed lunch; please RSVP for lunch at (402) 362-5508. The boxed lunch is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy and it will be located at the Upper Big Blue NRD (UBBNRD) in York. There will be no restrooms at the field locations; restrooms can be used at convenience stores along the tour route or at the UBBNRD.
Viewing of the fields will occur only at the times listed to allow for the cooperators to tour the other locations. We are grateful to these cooperators for conducting these interseeding studies! For any questions or difficulty finding locations, please contact Jenny Rees (402) 440-4739 or Nelson Winkel (308) 833-0487.
• 8:45-10 a.m. Clay County (Chad Dane, Harvard, 30” corn and soybean,
Begin at Corn: ½ mile north intersection HWY 6 and Road K, east side of road,
Soybean: ½ mile south intersection Rd 319 and Rd O, west side of road)
• 10:40-11:15 a.m. Hamilton County (Brandon and Zach Hunnicutt, Giltner,
30” corn, ¼ mile north intersection of 6 Rd and G Rd, west side of road)
• 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. York County (Jay Goertzen, 36” corn,
1008 Rd D Henderson, on home place and view his interseeder)
• 12:50-1:30 p.m. York County (Upper Big Blue NRD, 319 E. 25th St, York) Restrooms and boxed lunch (Lunch RSVP required at (402) 362-5508), View interseeder
• 2-2:30 p.m. Seward County (Mark Schlechte, 30” corn,
1 mile north intersection HWY 34 and Road 406, meet at bin site)
• 3-3:30 p.m. Seward County (Lyle Hamling, Beaver Crossing, 15” soybean,
½ mile south intersection of Denton Rd and 364 Rd, drive onto place
on west side)
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.