Agricultural Budget Calculator Training Sessions
It’s always important to estimate cost of production for our agricultural enterprises, but now with the volatile input and crop prices, it’s even more critical. Knowing your estimated cost of production can assist you in making important management decisions now and throughout the production and marketing year.
Now throughout February 2022, the Center for Agricultural Profitability is hosting virtual training sessions for the Ag Budget Calculator. Participants are encouraged to create an Ag Budget Calculator (ABC) program account before attending a training session, where CAP professionals will walk users through the program features and provide instruction on using the program.
Participants may register for any session or multiple sessions. There are three separate session types to choose from:
ABC 1.0 Introduction to ABC and Customizing your Crop Budgets
- Creating customized crop budgets for your owned and rented ground
- Determine projected cost of production and anticipated returns
- ABC program features, including risk analysis
ABC 2.0 Advancing in the Use of the ABC Program
- Combining crop enterprises on your whole farm
- Reconciling operation expenses<
- Allocating overhead expenses to enterprises
- Several sessions are scheduled where CAP professionals can answer questions about the use of the program.
There is no cost for the sessions, however registration for one or more sessions is required for session planning purposes. Click here to register by training class title on the Center for Agricultural Profitability site.
For questions, contact Glennis McClure, extension educator/farm and ranch management analyst, at (402) 472-0661.
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.