Southeast Nebraska Successful Farmer Series Starts Dec. 16 November 18, 2016
Agriculture is a challenging and complex industry requiring farm owners and operators to understand and make decisions on a wide range of topics.
This winter the Successful Farmer Series will focus on several of these timely topics in workshops featuring experts from the University of Nebraska Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The Friday morning workshops offer a relaxed setting to hear from the speakers and discuss that week's topic with producers and landowners, as well as UNL and industry experts. Grab a cup of joe and a roll, and pick up some educational handouts when you join southeast Nebraska growers for one or all of these workshops.
Workshops will be held every other Friday (except December 30) from December 16 through March 3. Each workshop starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m. and is held at the Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherry Creek Rd, Lincoln. The cost is $5 for each workshop or $15 for the entire series. Cash or check is accepted at the door.
Topics & UNL Speakers
- December 16 — Cover Crops and Wheat (Speakers: Roger Elmore, Paul Jasa, Teshome Regassa)
- January 6 — Ag Management Technology (Speakers: Joe Luck, Wayne Woldt, Tyler Williams)
- January 20 — Farm Financial Management (Speakers: Tina Barrett, Cory Walters)
- February 3 — Soils and Climate (Speakers: Humberto Blanco, Al Dutcher, Tyler Williams)
- February 17 — Soybeans (Speakers: Amit Jhala, Michael Rethwisch, Patricio Grassini)
- March 3 — Corn (Speakers: Tamra Jackson-Ziems, Haishun Yang, Robert Wright)