Market Journal on Wheat, Markets, Grazing, Spring Weather
View the full April 1 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
On this week's Market Journal:
- Market Analysis — Jeff Peterson, Heartland Farm Partners president, summarizes the USDA’s estimates on planting acres and grain stocks.
- Scouting Winter Wheat — Stephen Wegulo, Nebraska Extension plant pathologist, discusses the need to scout for rusts.
- Early Spring Grazing - Bruce Anderson, Nebraska Extension forage specialist, explains how producers can get the most out of pastures during early spring grazing. Bruce also outlines the dangers of grass tetany.
- Weather Forecast — State Climatologist Martha Shulski recaps winter temperature and moisture trends and looks ahead to possible weather conditions during the 2016 growing season.
Derrell Peel, Oklahoma State Extension livestock marketing specialist, will analyze the cattle market. Amit Jhala, Nebraska Extension weed management specialist, will discuss control options for giant ragweed.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes