Weather Information & Resources
Accumulated GDD and Crop Water Use (ET) Rates
Updated daily for major crops at 20 Nebraska sites
Corn GDD, an online Useful to Usable Decision Support Tool for the Corn Belt
See current conditions and GDD in a 30-year prospective.
Evapotranspiration Resources and Crop Water Use Data by Growth Stage
(Corn, Soybean, Wheat, Alfalfa, Sorghum, Sugarbeet, Potato)
NeRAIN Reports and Maps (Nebraska Rainfall Assessment and Information Network)
Daily precipitation reports from hundreds of Nebraska sites
- Precipitation Summary (Source: High Plains Regional Climate Center)
- State Soil Moisture Update
Soil Temperature Summary for Nebraska (Source: High Plains Regional Climate Center)
(illustrated graphically and numerically by district)
Ag Climate View Tool, a Useful to Usable U2U decision support tool
Access customized historical climate and crop yield data (See related CW article.)
Ag Climate Connection, a blog with news and views on climate change in the Corn Belt
Other Helpful Sites
- High Plains Regional Climate Center (HPRCC) provides weather data for a number of Nebraska sites and links to local, regional, and national climate resources. See the Climate Products section for daily updates and archived records of average temperatures, total precipitation, average soil temperature, average relative humidity, average solar radiation, and average wind speed.
- National Drought Monitor. Drill down to state drought information by clicking on the desired state once, which takes you to regional information, and then a second time to access state information.
- National Weather Service
- National Weather Service Central Region Field Office
- Climate Prediction Center (National Weather Service) with short- and long-term temperature and precipitation outlooks
- Nebraska State Forecasts