Wheat Production Meeting Sept. 18 in David City
September 14, 2007
New and experienced wheat growers can gain valuable information from a Wheat Production Meeting to be held Tuesday, Sept. 18, at the Hruska Library in David City. The meeting is sponsored by UNL Extension.
Following is a schedule of speakers for the event:
- Variety Performance Evaluation, Len Nelson, Extension Crop Variety Specialist
- Seed Treatments and Fungi That Attack Wheat Via the Roots, Stephen Wegulo, Extension Plant Pathologist
- Getting a Great Start — Planting Dates, Seeding Rates, and Fertility Considerations, Bob Klein, Cropping Systems Specialist
- Wheat Seed and Foliage Protection Products Available from Syngenta, Matt Keating, Syngenta Crop Protection
- Wheat Growth Stages, Plant Development, and Weed Management, Klein
- Wheat Diseases and Thresholds, Wegulo
- Insects Affecting Wheat Production in Eastern Nebraska, Bob Wright, Extension Entomologist
- New and Upcoming Bayer CropScience Products for Wheat, Kevin Wattyne, Bayer CropScience
Dinner is included for those who make reservations. Please RSVP by 10 a.m. Sept. 17 by calling the Extension Office in Butler County at 402-367-7410.
Extension Educator, Butler County