Western Nebraska Wheat Plot Tours June 18-21 - UNL CropWatch, June 6, 2012
June 6, 2012
Producers can compare wheat varieties in the field and learn about other topics relevant to wheat production in western Nebraska at one of several wheat tours June 18-21. Plots are located in Scotts Bluff, Deuel, Cheyenne, and Box Butte counties. For more information on a specific tour, contact the extension educator in the host county.
Download a PDF file with a tour map and directions to each of the sites.
- Nebraska-Wyoming State Line, Monday, June 18, 9 a.m. — From Lyman, 2 miles south on CR 2, 0.5 miles west on CR J, 7 miles south on Rd 63 to WY Rd 32. Plots are 0.75 miles west on south side of road. From Hawk Springs, Wyo.: 10 miles east on CR 32. BBQ lunch sponsored by Westco to be served at 12:30 p.m. More information: Jerry Nachtman (307-575-1731 or 307-837-2000).
- Deuel County, Monday, June 18, 6 p.m. — From Chappell, (Highway 30 and Wheatland Drive on the west edge of town), go north 8.5 miles on RD 165; plot is on west side of road.
- Cheyenne County at the High Plains Ag Lab, Thursday, June 21, 9 a.m. — On Highway 385, 6 miles north of Sidney or 7 miles south of Gurley to Huntsman Elevator; 2.5 miles west on Rd 32, 0.5 miles north on Rd 109, 1 mile east on Rd 32N. Plots are about 0.75 miles northeast of HPAL shop (Field 13). Conventional wheat trials are at 9 a.m. during HPAL field day; an organic wheat trial tour will follow field day at noon.
Box Butte County Irrigated, Thursday, June 21, 3 p.m. — From Hemingford, 0.5 miles west on Highway 2, 0.25 miles north on RD 71; west side.
- Box Butte County Dryland, Thursday, June 21, 5 p.m. — From Hemingford, about 5.5 miles south of town on Highway 2, 0.6 miles west of Hall Rd. Plots are on the south side of the road. This is 0.25 miles west of Hall Rd and Rd 67.
Additional Nebraska Wheat Tours
Arapahoe, June 13, starting at the Ella Missing Community Center with a cookout at 5:30 p.m. See story.
- Mead, UNL June 11 at the UNL Agricultural Research and Development Center, starting at 10 a.m. See story.
Communications, Panhandle REC