UNL Weed Science Launches Comprehensive Weed Control Resource - CropWatch, June 3, 2011
June 3, 2011
An interactive, online resource, based on sections of the Guide for Weed Management in Nebraska (EC130), is now available at weedscience.unl.edu/WeedTables. This resource allows you to select and prioritize the group of weeds present in your field when viewing the efficacy of various herbicides.
It provides weed control information for corn, soybeans, wheat, sorghum, and alfalfa grown in Nebraska. It contains sortable herbicide efficacy ratings for many common weeds, weed photos and biological information, use recommendations, and label links. The development of this resource was made possible by a grant from the North Central Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Center.
To use all the features of this resource:
- Select the table you wish to view from the crops menu.
- Drag the weed columns to reorder them by clicking, holding, and dragging the column header left or right to the desired location.
- Click once on the weed column header to re-order the herbicide list from highest to lowest efficacy.
- Click on the herbicide name to view detailed information with use recommendations and a direct link to the label at CDMS.net
- Click on the camera icon in the weed column header to view identification photos and additional information about each weed species.
Extension Weeds Specialist