UNL CropWatch Nov. 8, 2010: USDA: Nebraska Crop Report
November 1, 2010
Nebraska crop harvest progressed at an above average pace as warm, windy conditions prevailed the previous week, according to a Nov. 1 report from USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service Nebraska Field Office.
- Corn harvest was 88% complete, well ahead of 18% last year and the 52% average. Most of the corn remaining for harvest was in the western half of the state.
- Soybeans harvested was 98%, well ahead of 68% last year and the 86% average.
- Sorghum harvested was 78%, well ahead of 9% last year and 48 average.
- Winter wheat conditions rated 2% very poor, 9% poor, 51% fair, 36% good, and 2% excellent, well below last year. Ninety-two percent of the state's winter wheat had emerged, behind last year’s 94% and the 96% average.
- Pasture and range conditions rated 1% very poor, 7% poor, 31% fair, 53% good, and 8% excellent, below year ago levels.