UNL and FSA to Host Series of Meetings on 2014 Farm Bill
Oct. 31, 2014UNL Extension and the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) are joining to provide educational meetings across the state on the 2014 Farm Bill.
Farm Bill Resources
For further information see the UNL Farm Bill website developed by the Department of Agricultural Economics or contact the UNL Extension Farm Bill team: Jim Jansen, Jessica Johnson, Tim Lemmons, Brad Lubben, Robert Tigner, Monte Vandeveer, and Allan Vyhnalek.
- New Farm Bill Program: 2014 Farm Bill's APH Yield Exclusion to be Implemented for 2015 Spring Crops (News release)
- View Oct. 30 webinar on the farm bill's Margin Protection Program for Dairy Producers with Dr. Marin Bozic of the Univesity of Minnesota
It's important that growers have information they need as decisions regarding commodity program selection are complex and will last for the duration of the farm bill. These meetings will primarily focus on the Base Reallocation and Yield Update decision, as well as the ARC and PLC programs.
Topics will include:
- The farm bill program sign-up process, including documentation needed and deadlines
- Base, yield and commodity program decisions; considerations for your operation
- How to calculate farm program payments
- Online decision-aid tools to help you determine which program is best for your operation. Input data specific to your operation and examine various options