UNL Ag Progress Show Dec. 11 in Atkinson - UNL CropWatch, Nov. 25, 2013
Nov. 25, 2013
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is hosting an Ag Progress Show Dec. 11 at the Community Center in Atkinson. Presentations will cover timely, research-based information on a range of crop and beef production systems. The event is from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Topics and speakers will include:
- Fighting Corn Diseases in Bins and Bags — Tamra Jackson-Ziems, UNL extension plant pathology specialist;
- Annual Forages to Complement Grazing Programs — Jerry Volesky, UNL extension range specialist;
- Sensors for Variable Rate Nitrogen Management — Tim Shaver, UNL extension nutrient management specialist;
- Mineral Supplementation for the Cowherd — Cody Wright, South Dakota State University extension beef specialist;
- Have We Turned the Corner on our Extended Drought Period? — Al Dutcher, UNL extension state climatologist; and
- Nebraska Beef Cattle Industry Outlook — Kate Brooks, UNL extension livestock economics specialist.
The event will feature commercial exhibits and a complementary lunch. There will also be a door prize drawing for two tickets to the Nebraska-Florida Atlantic football game on Aug. 30, 2014.
For more information, contact the Holt County Extension Office at 402-336-2760.
IANR News Release