South Central Weed Management Field Day July 2 - UNL CropWatch, June 13, 2013
June 13, 2013
Weed management in corn and soybean will be the focus of a UNL field day on Tuesday, July 2, at the UNL South Central Agricultural Laboratory near Clay Center.
The 2013 Weed Management Field Day will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. and end at 2:15 p.m.
Tour Stops and Topics
Weed Control in Soybean, 9 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Roundup Ready and Liberty Link soybean standard trials
- Dicamba-resistant soybean
- Warrant application timings and tank mixes with post-emergent herbicides
- In-crop application of residual herbicides for control of waterhemp
Weed Control in Corn, 10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Roundup Ready corn standard trial
- Instigate applied alone or in tank mixes
- Anthem/Anthem ATZ
- Verdict and Armezon
Glyphosate-Resistant Giant Ragweed, 1:15 – 2:15 p.m.
- Liberty tank- mixed with 2,4-D or dicamba for control of glyphosate-resistant giant ragweed
- Tillage and herbicides for control of giant ragweed
- UNL systems study of pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides used in sequence.
- Comparison of efficacy of Anthem/Anthem ATZ for postemergence control
The field day is free and includes lunch. The UNL South Central Agricultural Laboratory is 7.5 miles west of the Hwy 14 and Hwy 6 intersection, or 13 miles east of Hastings on Hwy 6.
For More Information
IANR Student Writer