South Central Disease Management Crop Clinic June 24
June 22, 2009 Disease management for wheat, corn, and soybeans will be the topic of a crop clinic this Wednesday, June 24, at the UNL South Central Agricultural Laboratory (SCAL) near Clay Center. Registration will begin at 6:30 p.m. with the program to begin at 7 p.m.
Featured speakers will be Tamra Jackson and Stephen Wegulo, Extension plant pathologists.
The program will include:
- A tour of the SCAL wheat foliar fungicide plots
- Current status of rust diseases in wheat, corn and soybeans
- 2008 foliar fungicide trial results
- Information on current diseases and hot topics
Later clinics in the SCAL Crop Clinic series include:
- Subsurface Drip Irrigation Basics, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. August 18
- SCAL 2009 Summary Field Day, noon, September 3
To register, call (402) 762-3536. Approval of CCA credits is pending.
SCAL is located 12 miles east of Hastings on Hwy 6 or 4.5 miles west of the junction of Hwy 6 and 14, north of Clay Center.