Solution Days 8-7-09
August 7, 2009
Research-based solutions will be discussed and practically demonstrated in-field at Solution Day 2009. The all day event will be Aug. 28 at the Syngenta Learning Center Site near York.
Farm operators and professionals supporting corn and soybean production will learn realistic solutions for meeting the challenges of higher crop yields while keeping production costs economical. Participants will hear and see the latest information from UNL faculty and industry crop production and protection specialists.
Solution Day 2009 is sponsored by Syngenta and the Nebraska Soybean Board, in partnership with UNL Extension in the University's Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
The program will be from 9:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The event site is three miles north of York on U.S. Highway 81.
- Start with the Right Engine (biotechnology, genetics and other corn and soybean advancements);
- Fast Start for Stronger Finish (effects of planting date, row spacing, insect stress, etc.);
- Protect the Investment (disease management);
- Maximize Yield Potential (water and soil moisture)
- New Corn and Soybean Technologies and a Hybrid/Variety Showcase Review.
The event also includes a panel discussion over the lunch break on the "Future Outlook — Meeting Soybean Global Demand through Higher Yields."