Save the Dates: Corn Expo, Crop Production Clinics
Sept. 25, 2015
Calendars fill up quickly and we don't want you to miss out on some great educational opportunities occurring just after the holidays. When you buy that new 2016 calendar, be sure to add these events:
Thursday, Jan. 7 — Fremont Corn Expo
Speakers will include
- Bob Nielsen, Purdue University Extension corn specialist (Chat n' Chew Cafe);
- a farmer panel on "What We Learned from the Corn Yield Contest That Helped Our Farm Profit;"
- UNL Ag Economist Eric Thompson on the "Economic Impact of Expanding Livestock Production on Corn Demand;"
- UNL Plant Pathologist Tamra Jackson-Ziems on "Battling Corn Diseases,"
- Extension On-Farm Research Coordinator Laura Thompson on "Utilizing On-Farm Research to Evaluate Profitable Practices," and more.
Jan. 6 - 21 — Crop Production Clinics (9 sites)Practical, profitable, environmentally sound, high-impact training for agricultural professionals and producers in the areas of soil fertility, soil water and irrigation, insect pests, plant diseases, weeds, cropping systems, and agribusiness management and marketing. On-line registrations are already available. Learn more. Program flyer
January 6 - Gering - Register Now
January 7 - North Platte - Register Now
January 8 - York - Register Now
January 12 - Beatrice - Register Now
January 13 - Hastings - Register Now
January 14 - Kearney - Register Now
January 19 - Atkinson - Register Now
January 20 - Norfolk - Register Now
January 21 - Mead - Register Now