Organic CSP Field Day Sept. 23
September 12, 2008
Dave and Deb Welsch of rural Milford will be hosting a field day September 23 to show how they're participating in the USDA Conservation Security Program (CSP) with organic production. The event will be at West Blue Farm south of Milford from 3 to 5 p.m.
This field day will focus on:
- CSP for organic farmers - practices and systems that make the farm an ideal candidate for CSP
- Wildlife practices that are part of their CSP contract
- EQIP organic transition program (If you aren't an organic producer, but want to be, the EQIP program can help)
- Beginning Farmer Conservation Programs
- A presentation on the 2008 Farm Bill and the changes for CSP and EQIP.
Preregistration is requested for meal planning. RSVP at (402) 826-5361.
The tour will begin at 3 p.m. at 2261 Rokeby Road south of Milford. From Southeast Community College in Milford go 4 miles south and 1 mile east on the paved road. The farm is on the south side of the road. The tour will end at 146 County Road 1900, which is 1 1/2 miles south of the first farm, around 5 p.m. with a meal.
Center for Rural Affairs