November Commodity Prices, Changes from October
Preliminary prices received by farmers for winter wheat for November 2014 averaged $5.30 per bushel, an increase of 12 cents from the October price, according to USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service.
- The preliminary November corn price, at $3.50 per bushel, decreased 12 cents from the previous month.
- The preliminary November sorghum price averaged $6.70 per cwt, an increase of 63 cents from October.
- The preliminary November soybean price, at $9.90 per bushel, was up 36 cents from last month.
- The November alfalfa hay price, at $96.00 per ton, was down $1.00 from October. The other hay price, at $79.00 per ton, was down $4.00 from October.
- Oat and dry edible bean prices were withheld to avoid disclosing data for individual operations.
For a broader perspective, see the national report.