New Publications from UNL Extension, April 2014

New Publications from UNL Extension, April 2014

The following publications were recently revised by UNL Extension and are available on the Extension Publications website. Those listed relate to agricultural crop production or rural living. View hundreds of other publications free online at this site.

EC865 - Crops in inventory 2013-2014

  • Market and Financial Outlook for Production Agriculture in Nebraska (EC865) — The market and financial outlook for crops, including corn, soybeans and wheat, and livestock, including cattle and hogs. (Figure from EC865).
  • Agriculture in the Nebraska Panhandle (EC864). According to the 2007 Census of Agriculture there are 5,779 farms in this 16-county district, generating nearly $1.5 billion in market value.  Almost 70% of the market value is derived from livestock sales, with the remaining 30% from crop sales. Land ranges in elevation from over 5,400 feet in the southwest corner to 3,600 feet along the north Platte River. Its farmland is mostly divided between pasture (74%) and cropland (24%). Learn more about beef and crop production and resource management in this overview.
  • The Spotted Wing Drosophila, An Invasive, Small Fruit Fly in Nebraska  (G2236) — The spotted wing drosophila is an invasive fruit fly species now appearing in Nebraska; learn how to identify and control it.

Online Master of Science in Agronomy

With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.

A field of corn.