New and Revised Extension Crop Publications
May 23, 2013
The following new or revised publications were recently released by UNL Extension and are available on the Extension Publications website. Those listed relate to agricultural crop production or rural living.
- EC718 — Agricultural Sprayer Automatic Section Control (ASC) Systems. These systems can reduce overapplication by turning boom sections off as they pass over previously sprayed or environmentally sensitive, mapped areas (for example, grassed waterways or buffer strips).
- EC2507 — SAFE Transport, Storage, and Disposal of Pesticides. Covers the regulations as well as providing practical recommendations and checklists for what you need to do on-farm to stay safe and comply with requirements.
- EC2508 — Fumigating Farm-stored Grain with Aluminum Phosphide. From developing a plan and getting the right equipment through calculating the rate, applying the fumigant, and determining the re-entry interval, this publication provides information to help you safely treat stored grain with aluminum phosphide.
- G479 — Pesticide Laws and Regulations. General information on federal and state laws and regulations regarding pesticide applicator certification, licensing, and pesticide use in Nebraska.
- RP189 — Agricultural Nitrogen Management for Water Quality Protection in the Midwest. An overview of factors influencing nitrogen loss to ground and surface waters in the four-state Heartland Water Initiative region of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska.
And for the Farmstead
- EC1262 — Rain Garden Design Site Selection and Sizing Guide, a new interactive publication with video and animated step-by-step guides to help you successfuly develop a water-efficient rain garden.