Nebraska Dry Bean Field Tour Aug. 27 - UNL CropWatch, Aug. 15, 2013
August 15, 2013
The 2013 Dry Bean Field Tour will feature the latest dry bean research being conducted at the UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center at Scottsbluff.
The August 27 tour will start with coffee, doughnuts and registration at 9 a.m. at the Mitchell Ag Lab. Following a welcome and legislative update, tours of the research plots will begin at 9:30 a.m. After the tour, a meal will be served at the Panhandle Center.
The event is co-sponsored by the Nebraska Dry Bean Growers’ Association and the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. The tour will include presentations on field research and demonstration projects related to dry edible beans.
- New UNL Dry Bean Lines, Carlos Urrea, dry bean breeding specialist
- Where Are We in Developing Insect-Resistant Dry Beans? Jeff Bradshaw, entomologist
- Iron Deficiency Chlorosis Research on Dry Bean, Gary Hergert, soil and nutrient management specialist
- Dry Bean Variety Update, Jim Schild, Extension educator
- New Alternative Products for Dry Bean Bacterial Diseases, Bob Harveson, plant pathologist
- Deficit Irrigation on Beans, Dave Reichert, research technician
- Acreage Response Under Water Allocations, Jessica Johnson, extension educator – ag economics