Nebraska Dry Bean Field Tour Aug. 21 at Panhandle REC - AUg. 13, 2012
Aug 13, 2012
The 2012 Dry Bean Field Tour offers an opportunity to view the latest bean research being conducted at UNL's Panhandle Research and Extension Center at Scottsbluff. The Aug. 21 event will begin with coffee and registration at 9 a.m. and a program and tour of the research plots beginning at 9:30 a.m. A noon meal will be served.
The tour will include presentations on field research and demonstration projects related to production of dry edible beans, including the following topics and presenters:
- Weed Control in Dry Beans with Robert Wilson, extension weeds specialist
- Improvements in Dry Bean Cultivars with Carlos Urrea, dry bean breeding specialist
- Dry Bean Insect Resistance, with Jeff Bradshaw, entomologist
- Using Iron Chelates on Dry Beans with Gary Hergert, soil and nutrient management specialist
- Management of Bacterial Wilt with Bob Harveson, plant pathologist
- Irrigation Strategies During Drought with Dave Reicher, research technician
The field tour is co-sponsored by the Nebraska Dry Bean Growers' Association and UNL's Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources.