National ASA Crop Production Drought Webinar July 11 - UNL CropWatch, July 3, 2012
July 3, 2012
The impact of this year's drought on crop production will be the focus of Managing Through the Drought, a July 11 webinar being hosted by the American Society of Agronomy. It will be held from noon to 1:30 p.m. CT
A panel of experts will discuss drought-related topics, including assessing crops and their condition, management recommendations for various situations, risk management, and insurance. A question and answer session will follow the panel discussion.
- Shawn Conley, PhD, Soybean and Wheat Extension Specialist, University of Wisconsin-Madison,
- Emerson Nafziger, PhD, Professor of Crop Sciences and Extension Agronomist, University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign,
- Chad Lee, PhD, Grain Crops Extension Agronomist, University of Kentucky, and
- Brian Fuchs, MS, Climatologist, National Drout Mitigation Center, University of Nebraska
- Tim Hoffmann, Director of Product Administration and Standards, USDA Risk Management Agency
The webinar is for certified crop advisers, certified professional agronomists, ASA members, and the broader agricultural community.
The webinar is free, but pre-registration is required. Once registered, the webinar system will send participants a confirmation email with instructions on how to connect.
CEU Credits and Registration
CCA and CPAg credits will be available in the following categories: 1.5 CEUs in Crop Management. CPSS and CPSC: 1.5 CEUs in Professioal Meetings.
Register online for the American Society of Agronomy webinar, Managing Through the Drought.