Market Journal: Water Reservoirs Improving
April 18, 2008
On this week's Market Journal host Doug Jose talks with Otto Doering, professor of ag economics at Purdue University, about likely public response to federal conservation programs. Despite the decline in the rigor of conservation compliance in the past two farm bills, Doering sees stronger compliance regulations in the future.
Also on the program this week:
- Watching wheat markets — Paul Burgener, Extension ag economics research analyst;
- Farm Bill progress — Brad Lubben, extension public policy specialist;
- Leadership and innovation creating new products — John Austin, Brookings Institution;
- Weather — Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist
Next week's Market Journal will review the 2008 Nebraska legislative session with Dave Aiken, extension ag and water law specialist. Also, Ron Plain, extension ag economics, University of Missouri-Columbia, will share his analysis of the hog market and Jennifer Stanton, scientist with the U.S. Geological Survey, will discuss testing of Nebraska's wells for water quality.
Market Journal broadcast times:
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT