Market Journal: Selling Options & Production Cost Concerns
View the full Sept. 4 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
Sept. 4, 2015
On this week's Market Journal Jeff Peterson, president of Heartland Farm Partners, analyzes selling options for corn and soybeans and discusses the strength of basis, ethanol production and export demand.
Also on the Sept. 4 Market Journal:
- WOTUS Implementation — New Environmental Protection Agency regulations on Waters of the U.S. took effect last week in all but 13 states. Dave Aiken, Nebraska Extension water and ag law specialist, outlines the rules.
- Beef Industry Improvements — Matt Spangler, Nebraska Extension beef genetics specialist, explains how improvements in beef genetics have moved the cattle industry forward.
- Costs of Production — Tina Barrett, Nebraska Farm Business Inc. executive director, says growers need to be taking a closer look at their costs of production
- Weather Forecast — Nebraska State Climatologist Al Dutcher gives the weather outlook for the coming week.
Mike Briggs will be on to analyze cattle markets. Nathan Mueller, Nebraska Extension cropping systems educator, will show how to estimate soybean yields. Bob Wright, Nebraska Extension entomologist, will talk about preparing bins before harvest.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes