Market Journal: Productive Farming with Less Water
May 22, 2009On this week's Market Journal Gary Hergert, Extension nutrient management and soil quality specialist, discusses crop production strategies for limited water situations. Located at the UNL's Panhandle Research and Extension Center at Scottsbluff, Hergert researches production practices that can help producers get top yields in limited water situations.
Other segments on this week's program include:
- The grain markets with Paul Burgener, UNL Extensin Ag Economics research analyst;
- Insects in corn with Bob Wright, Extension entomologist;
- Helping Nebraska's immigrant workers be successful with Jeff Keown, UNL Extension dairy specialist; and
- Ag weather update, with Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist.
On the next Market Journal on May 29 Extension Plant Pathologist Stephen Wegulo will discuss wheat diseases and management options.
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT