Market Journal: Nebraska Economy Showing Signs of Improvement
June 5, 2009On this week's Market Journal Extension Host Doug Jose speaks with Ernie Goss, Jack MacAllister Chair in Regional Economics at Creighton University, about the state of Nebraska's economy. Goss reports that economic indicators for May were less negative than they had been for the previous four months.
Other segments on this week's program include:
- Energy markets to be volatile this year with Rick Kment, DTN market news analyst;
- Ask an attorney before you sign a wind contract, with Erin Herbold, staff attorney at Iowa State University Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation;
- Start preparing your paperwork now for the ACRE program with Art Barnaby, Kansas State University agricultural economist; and
- Ag Weather Update, with Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist.
On the next Market Journal on June 12 Producer and Ag Columnist Roy Smith will analyze the corn and soybean markets. The show will look at the agricultural credit situation and how lenders are assessing farm loans.
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT