Market Journal: Meeting Challenges in Corn Production, Market Analysis
View the full Jan. 22 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
On this week's Market Journal Bob Nielsen, Purdue University corn specialist, describes the challenges corn growers may face in 2016 and advises growers to manage the details throughout the season to achieve top yields.
Also on the Jan. 22 Market Journal:
- Market Analysis — Luke Beckman, Central Valley Ag ProEdge grain sales manager, explains how concerns about China and weakness in oil are affecting the U.S. stock market. He also discusses interest rates, the strength of the U.S. dollar, and corn and soybean exports.
- 2016 Crop Budgets — Roger Wilson, Nebraska Extension farm management specialist and enterprise budget analyst, outlines the 2016 Nebraska Crop Budgets.
- US MARC — Chad Engle, U.S. Meat Animal Research Center livestock operations manager, discusses animal care and research at the U.S. MARC.
- Weather Forecast — Al Dutcher, Nebraska associate state climatologist, gives the weather outlook for the coming week.
With losses continuing in the feedyard, Mike Briggs, Seward feedlot manager, will address the cattle markets. Brad Lubben, Nebraska Extension public policy specialist, will also be on to discuss the importance of ag issues in the presidential election.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes