Market Journal Looks at Selling Strategies for Old and New Grain
Dec. 13, 2013
On this week's Market Journal Nick Mueller, Stewart-Peterson senior market advisor, analyzes the latest USDA supply and demand reports, as well as selling strategies for old and new crop corn and soybeans. Market Journal is broadcast each weekend on NET and is available for viewing on the Market Journal channel on YouTube.com.
Also on this week's program:
- PEDv Confirmed in Nebraska — Nebraska has become the 20th state to test positive for the Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus.
- Soybean Day and Machinery Expo — The Nebraska Soybean Day and Machinery Expo will be held Thursday Dec. 19 at the Saunders County Fairgrounds in Wahoo. Keith Glewen, UNL Extension educator, outlines the event. Next week's Market Journal will cover Expo presentations.
- No-till Soybeans in the Panhandle — Paul Jasa, UNL Extension engineer, discusses how, as soybean production moves farther west in Nebraska, no-till practices can aid limited moisture situations.
- Engine Emissions — Roger Hoy, director of the Nebraska Tractor Test Lab, talks about engine emission regulations in tractors. Test results from the Nebraska Tractor Test Lab can be found here.
- Weather Forecast — Al Dutcher, UNL Extension state climatologist, gives his forecast for the coming week.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- Podcast on iTunes