Market Journal Looks at Land Prices for the Last 5-10 Years - UNL CropWatch, Oct. 28, 2011
October 28, 2011
On this week's Market Journal UNL ag economist Bruce Johnson talks with program host Connie Reimers Hild about land prices and trends over the last decade.
Other topics and speakers on this week's program include:
- Grain Markets – Elaine Kub, ARC Group, discusses fuel and energy prices, a world population milestone, and what a European financial announcement means for U.S. grain markets
- Glyphosate Resistance – Lowell Sandell, UNL extension educator in weed science, discusses glyphosate resistance in Nebraska and how growers can help manage this issue.
- Soybean Cyst Nematode – SCN continues to be the most yield-impacting disease in soybean fields. Loren Giesler, UNL extension plant pathologist, gives tips on spotting and dealing with soybean cyst nematode.
- Weather – It’s been a pleasant fall in most of Nebraska. Last week temperatures extended over 70 degrees, but snow fell in the western part of the state. UNL extension climatologist Al Dutcher summarizes the week and forecasts weather for the next week.
Next week, Market Journal travels to Grand Island for a multi-state crop insurance workshop focused on the theme, “Managing the Risks of Farm Price
Volatility and the Global Recession.” The Market Journal team also will talk with Wade Johannes, Commodity Risk Manager at Central Valley Ag Cooperative about grain markets.
Market Journal Broadcast Times
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- Podcast on iTunes