Market Journal Looks at Federal Ag Budget Negotiations - UNL CropWatch, June 17, 2011
June 17, 2011
On this week's Market Journal, Brad Lubben, UNL Extension public policy specialist, updates listeners on the status of ag appropriations. All federal agricultural spending is up for reconsideration during budget discussions, including those programs that were authorized in the current farm bill.
Also on this week's program:
- Field Peas in Cattle Diets with Karla Jenkins, UNL Extension cow/calf and range management specialist. She says field peas have about 18% crude protein and combine well with distillers grains for a cattle supplement. Peas are very palatable and bind together well when cubed.
- Flood Resources with Kathleen Lodl, UNL Extension assistant dean, reports that the new UNL website -- flood.unl.edu -- provides flood information and resources from Nebraska and the national Extension Disaster Emergency Network.
- Agricultural Weather with Al Dutcher, UNL state climatologist. He says the next chance of good moisture (and possibly severe weather) may be this Monday (June 20) and Monday evening.
Market Journal Broadcast Times
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- Podcast on iTunes
- Dish Network, Channel 9411
Friday, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.