Market Journal: Livestock Regulations to Increase with Clean Water Act
May 9, 2008
On this week's Market Journal, Dave Cozad, deputy regional counsel, Environmental Protection Agency Region 7, visits with host Doug Jose about the goal of the Clean Water Act to make all water fishable and swimmable. States and the EPA are working together to set thresholds for nutrient levels.
Also on the program this week:
- Corn and soybean markets volatile — Roy Smith, Plattsmouth grain producer and marketing consultant;
- Leadership opportunities for farmers and ranchers — Terry Hejny, director of the Nebraska LEAD program;
- Planting refuge acres — Bob Wright, extension entomologist; and
- Weather — Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist
Next week's Market Journal will include an analysis of the cattle markets.
Market Journal broadcast times:
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT