Market Journal: How Ag Technology is Improving Farming
January 23, 2008
On this week's Market Journal, Don Borgman, John Deere's director for agricultural industry relations in the U.S. and Canada, discusses how agricultural technology is increasing the efficiency of production inputs and improving the environment.
Also on the program this week:
- Livestock market report with Mike Briggs, Briggs Feedyard, Seward;
- Air quality standards and their effect on some animal operations with Rick Stowell, Extension animal environmental engineer;
- Fertilizer prices with Richard Ferguson, Extension soils specialist; and
- Ag weather update with Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist.
Calving season is beginning and on next week's Market Journal, Extension Beef Specialist Rick Rasby explains why it's important for cows to be in good body condition going into calving.
Market Journal broadcast times:
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT