Market Journal: Canadian Farmers Visit Nebraska
August 22, 2008
On this week's Market Journal, host Doug Jose visits with a group of Canadian farmers who were touring several Nebraska farms. Grant Collins, a farmer from Ontario, says the goal of the Innovative Farmers Association of Ontario is to study and adopt no-till cropping systems.
Also on the program this week:
- Take protection in the cattle markets — Mike Briggs, Briggs Feedyard, Seward
- Check fields now for soybean aphids — Randy Pryor, Extension Educator, Saline County
- Penciling out your budget before planting this year's wheat crop — Paul Burgener, Extension Ag Economics Research Analyst, and
- Weather — Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist.
Next week's Market Journal will feature the open house at UNL's Gudmundsen Ag Lab near Whitman, including discussions on grazing systems in the Sandhills and the economics of alternative calving systems.
Market Journal broadcast times:
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT