Market Journal: Brazilian Food and Biofuel Industries Growing
July 25, 2008
Brazil offers numerous opportunities in food and biofuels. Marcos Fava Neve, University of San Paulo professor of strategy, says exports are growing, with beef cattle becoming an important export commodity. The country's sugarcane crop has been used in ethanol production since 1971.
Also on the program this week:
- Wheat market — Paul Burgener, UNL Extension Ag Economics Research Analyst
- FSA Producer sign-up — Doug Klein, Program Specialist, USDA Farm Service Agency;
- Corn diseases — Tamra Jackson, Extension Plant Pathologist; and
- Weather — Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist
Next week's Market Journal Ag Economist Darrell Mark discusses the current livestock industry and his recommendations to help producers increase their bottom line.
Market Journal broadcast times:
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT