Market Journal: Ag Issues from this Year's Legislature
May 2, 2008
On this week's Market Journal Extension specialists discuss some of the bills passed by the 2008 Legislature that will affect agriculture, including the Beginning Farmer program. This program was expanded so that farm and ranch owners can now rent to family members, given there is a written succession plan.
Also on the program this week:
- Hog market's bright export outlook, but dim profit forecast — Ron Plain, University of Missouri-Columbia extension marketing specialist ;
- Update on the Panhandle wheat crop — Drew Lyon, Extension dryland cropping specialist;;
- Storing distillers grain — John Hay, extension energy educator;
- Weather — Al Dutcher, Nebraska state climatologist
Next week's Market Journal will look at the Clean Water Act , the role of the EPA and its effect on agriculture.
Market Journal broadcast times:
- NET1 - Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 - Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
Dish Network, Channel 9411
- Friday, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. CT