Market Journal 3-20-15
Market Journal Takes a Closer Look at Corn, Soybean Market Trends
View the full March 20 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
March 20, 2015
On this week's Market Journal Roy Smith, farmer and grain marketing consultant from Plattsmouth describes the recent movement in corn and soybean markets and talks about market trends and possible selling opportunities.
Also on the March 20 Market Journal:
- New Seed Treatments — Loren Giesler, Nebraska Extension plant pathologist, discusses new soybean seed treatments aimed at managing soybean cyst nematode and sudden death syndrome.
- Livestock Expansion Bills — Dave Aiken, Nebraska Extension water and ag law specialist, explains bills in the Nebraska Unicameral dealing with livestock zoning, county-level grants and custom hog feeding.
- Calf Marketing Plan — Aaron Berger, Nebraska Extension educator, talks about creating a marketing plan for this year's calf crop. Aaron also examines the dangers of grass tetany.
- Weather Forecast — Al Dutcher, UNL Extension state climatologist, gives his forecast for the coming week.
Falling prices are narrowing margins for cattle feeders. Mike Briggs will join us to look at cattle markets. Nathan Mueller will also be with us to discuss soybean inoculants.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes