Kohl to Lead Off Farmers and Ranchers College Nov. 30 - UNL CropWatch, Oct. 10, 2011
Oct. 10, 2011
Returning to the Farmers and Ranchers College for the 2011-12 season will be David Kohl, professor emeritus of Agricultural Finance and Small Business Management at Virginia Tech University. A popular speaker in previous years, Kohl will give an interactive presentation on "Global Economic Impacts on the Farm and Ranch."
The workshop will be 1-4 p.m. Nov. 30 at the Bruning Opera House.
Kohl will address several topics, engaging farmers and ranchers in discussion along the way.
- What are the new mega trends impacting producers’ profitability and lifestyles?
- What will be the role of emerging nations?
- What will be the economic game changers?
- How can producers position themselves to capitalize on these trends?
- Do high farmland values represent a credit or asset bubble?
- Where is the economy heading?
Registration for this event is free due to generous support from its sponsors.
The Farmers and Ranchers College was started in January 2000 and continues today as a series of workshops for ag producers in south central Nebraska. For more information, contact the UNL Extension Office in Fillmore County at (402) 759-3712 or fillmore.unl.edu.
Extension Educator, Fillmore County