Irrigation Event 8-7-09
August 7, 2009
An Irrigation and Energy Conservation Field Day will be held at UNL's Haskell Agricultural Laboratory near Concord August 26.
Sponsored by the Nebraska Corn Board and the Nebraska Corn Growers Association in partnership with UNL Extension, the program starts with 8:30 a.m. registration and training from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pre-registration is requested by Aug. 21.
Participants will learn about:
- best management practices for corn production,
- achieving water conservation in irrigated and dryland corn production,
- reducing energy use production costs,
- maintaining and, in some cases, increasing yield and profitability, and
- better management of surface and groundwater irrigation.
- agricultural water management and corn production with high irrigation costs and limited water;
- aenergy power and pumping plants; sprinkler package selection and evaporation losses;
- asubsurface drip irrigation in Nebraska; and
- awater supply and management issues.
A noon panel discussion will include an update on Natural Resource District integrated water management plans.
The complementary registration fee is provided in part through funding by the Nebraska Corn Board and the Nebraska Corn Growers Association.
Certified Crop Advisor credits are available.
IANR News Release