Human Resource Workshops for Farm, Ranch, and Main Street
This January Nebraska Extension will be hosting HR 4 Ag & Main Street workshops for farmers, ranchers, and other agriculture and main street business owners. The three-hour programs are to provide education on human resource management and human risk mitigation strategies to increase your farm, ranch, or other business’ resiliency and stability. Topics to be covered include:
- recruiting and retaining the best employees,
- pay and benefits,
- motivating and engaging employees,
- building and leading your team, and
- managing conflict.
Programs will be presented from 1-4 p.m. at the following sites:
- NORFOLK: Tuesday, Jan. 19 at the Lifelong Learning Center, 601 E. Benjamin Ave. To register call the Northeast Research and Extension Center at 402-379-4000
- YORK: Tuesday, Jan. 26 at the York County Extension Office at 2345 Nebraska Ave. To register call the York County Extension Office at 402-362-5508
- NORTH PLATTE: Thursday, Jan. 28 at the West Central Research and Extension Center at 402 W. State Farm Road. To register call West Central Research and Extension Center at 308-696-6740.
- SCOTTSBLUFF: Tuesday, Feb 9 at the Panhandle Research & Extension Center at 4502 Avenue I, To register call: Panhandle Research and Extension Center at 308-632-1230.
This program is made possible through a grant by the North Central Risk Management Education Center. For more information contact a HR 4 Ag team member:
- Ben Dutton, Extension Educator – Red Willow County (308-345-3390)
- Jessica G. Jones, Extension Educator – Johnson County (402-335-3669)
- Tim Lemmons, Extension Educator – Northeast Research & Extension Center (402-370-4061)
- Marilyn Schlake, Extension Educator – UNL Ag Economics Dept. (402-472-4138)
- Brandy VanDeWalle, Extension Educator – Fillmore County (402-759-3712)
- Aaron Yoder, Assistant Professor – University of Nebraska Medical Center (402-552-7240)