High Plains Ag Lab Annual Research Update is Feb. 13
Crop and livestock research at UNL's High Plains Ag Lab (HPAL) near Sidney will be among the topics at its annual update to the public and HPAL Advisory board.
The program will start at 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at the Sidney Community Center, 627 Toledo St., Sidney and end about noon. For questions, call the High Plains Ag Lab at 308-254-3918.
Agenda topics include:
- Welcome by HPAL Advisory Board Chair Keith Rexroth
- Director's update by Gary Hergert, Interim Director of the UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center
- Operations update by Tom Nightingale, Farm Manager
- 2013 weather updates by Wayne Shawcroft, USDA
- Research updates:
— Cover crops and water use, David Nielsen, USDA;
— Alternative crops and wheat, Dipak Santra, UNL;
— Hail, curl mite and wheat virus infestation, Jeff Bradshaw, UNL;
— Perennial grass production, Gary Hergert, UNL; and
— Livestock, range and forage, Karla Jenkins, UNL
- Advisory board discussions and business