Hail Information Meetings June 9 in South Central Nebraska
Evaluating hail damage to corn and soybean and identifying post-storm options will be the focus of June 9 hail information meetings. A 9 a.m. meeting will be at the Chris and Tom Luethje farm north of Bradshaw and a 1 p.m. meeting will be held at Carlson Farms (Curtis and Cale) southwest of Marquette.
Topics will include:
- Evaluating current corn and soybean stands and recommendations relative to replanting or not replanting
- Alternative crops/cover crops/hay and forages
- Herbicide issues
- Farm program and crop insurance implications and limitations relative to replanting
- Questions and answers
Presenters will include:
- Roger Elmore, UNL extension cropping systems specialist;
- Bruce Anderson, UNL extension forage specialist, and
- Lowell Sandell, UNL extension weeds educator.
Representatives of the Crop Insurance Industry, Farm Service Agency, and Natural Resources Conservation Service will also be available.
The Chris and Tom Luethje farm is 2 miles north of Bradshaw on Road F.
Carlson Farms (Curtis and Cale) is at 1105 W. 20th Road, Marquette. To go to Marquette from Aurora: on Highway 14 go 9 miles north and ½ mile west on 22nd Rd. From Marquette: go 3.5 miles west, 2 miles south, and 0.5 mile west. The field is on the south side.
For More Information