Farm Succession Workshops in Early March
February 19, 2016
The Beginning Farmer and Rancher Network's Farm Succession Series continues in March with workshops at:
- Geneva — March 2, Fillmore County Fairground, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Kearney — March 3, Buffalo County Extension Center, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Blue Hill — March 4, Blue Hill Community Center, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Topics will include:
- Stages of succession planning, contribution & compensation, balancing the interests of on-farm and off-farm heirs;
- Importance of communication, setting goals, analyzing cash flow, and balancing intergenerational expectations and needs;
- Beginning farmer loan and tax credit programs;
- Use of trusts, wills, life estate deeds and business entities (such as the limited liability company) in family estate and business succession planning;
For more information or to register, contact the Rural Response Hotline at 1-800-464-0258.
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.