Emergency Use of CRP Due to Flooding - UNL CropWatch, June 8, 2011

Emergency Use of CRP Due to Flooding - UNL CropWatch, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011

Livestock producers who have lost pasture or fences due to flooding can use CRP to relocate the cattle to a more permanent location, according to Dan Steinkruger, State Executive Director of the USDA’s Farm Service Agency.

Those counties bordering the Missouri River and the North and South Platte River system are authorized for emergency use. Livestock may be temporarily moved to land enrolled in CRP through July 2, 2011, as approved by the county office, on a case-by-case basis. No payment reduction applies to this authorized exception and no funds are otherwise authorized for water, feed, or other costs. Only those livestock producers who lost pasture or fences, due to flooding are eligible.

Livestock producers shall contact their local county FSA office to request emergency use of CRP. Livestock cannot be moved onto the CRP until approval is received. Producers will need to provide documentation of flooding conditions including, but not limited to, photographs of flooded pastures and livestock areas to support their request.

Nebraska FSA News Release

Online Master of Science in Agronomy

With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.

A field of corn.