Emergency Crop Damage Disaster Meetings July 17
Storm-damaged corn field in south central Nebraska, July 11. (Photo by Ron Seymour)
The Central Platte Natural Resources District will be hosting two meetings this Thursday to provide information to landowners who suffered crop damage in recent storms. Both meetings will be held on Thursday, July 17:
- 9 a.m. Gibbon, American Legion Club, 1029 Court St.
- 2 p.m. Blue Hill, Community Center, 555 W. Gage St.
Meetings are open to the public and will be conducted in an informal, open-discussion format with experts presenting and answering questions on:
- replanting options,
- crop insurance ramifications,
- nitrogen capture & cycling in hailed corn,
- cover crops for forages/soil health, and
- the NRCS EQIP Storm Damage Cover Crop Initiative.
Landowners are encouraged to bring in samples of their damaged crops for an assessment of the extent of hail damage and the likelihood of recovery. Central Platte NRD, UNL Extension, Green Cover Seed, Ward Lab, and Arrow Seed are sponsoring the meetings.
For more information contact Dean Krull at (402) 469-0155 or Keith Berns at (402) 469-6784.
Central Platte Natural Resources District